Track and Field Competes at C-USA Meet
Live Results from the C-USA Championships
Blue Demons Travel to Charlotte for C-USA Meet
The DePaul track and field teams head south for the annual Conference USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships. The three-day meet runs Thurs.-Sat. at the Irwin Belk Track and Field Center.
A year ago, the men’s team placed sixth while the women’s team finished 11th. Individually, Frank Guzman and Carey Ryan won individual titles in the shot put and hammer throw, respectively. The No. 6 finish by the men’s team was their highest since the 1997 championships.
A Quick Look at the Conference USA Rankings
Entering this week’s league championships, a number of DePaul student-athletes are among the best in Conference USA.
Blue Demons Ranked in C-USA’s Top 10
Women’s 400-meter dash
7. Diana Runnels – 55.64 at the Central Collegiate Conference Championships
Men’s 400-meter dash
7. Larry Inanga – 47.62 at the Central Collegiate Conference Championships
Men’s 800-meter run
3. Will Lazicki – 1:50.27 at the Dr. Keeler Invitational
9. Ben Cooke – 1:53.70 at the Lee Calhoun Invitational
Women’s 1500-meter run
4. Leah Rygh – 4:32.58 at the Central Collegiate Conference Championships
Men’s 1500-meter run
6. Gavin Kennedy – 3:52.92 at the Central Collegiate Conference Championships
7. Luis Samayoa – 3:53.04 at the Lee Calhoun Invitational
Women’s 5000-meter run
7. Erin Moffett – 17:25.70 at the Chicagoland Championships
Men’s 5000-meter run
6. Donnie Warner – 14:53.01 at the Lee Calhoun Invitational
10. Luis Samayoa – 15:07.78 at the Kansas Relays
Women’s 10,000-meter run
1. Erin Moffett – 35:00.47 at the Penn Relays
Men’s 10,000-meter run
3. Luis Samayoa – 31:23.58 at the Penn Relays
7. Donnie Warner – 31:58.80 at the Chicagoland Championships
9. Darshan Patel – 33:56.49 at the Boilermaker Invitational
Women’s 3000-meter steeplechase
2. Erin Moffett – 10:33.05 at the Lee Calhoun Invitational
Women’s javelin throw
4. Megan Greeley – 45.73m at the Central Collegiate Conference Championships
Women’s hammer throw
5. Susan Stoffel – 48.13 meters at the Boilermaker Invitational
Men’s hammer throw
T1. Jarrod Jahnke – 55.71 meters at the Penn Relays
Updating the Recordbook
On four occasions this season, the DePaul outdoor track and field recordbook needed to be updated. Twice this season, Leah Rygh has set the women’s 1500-meter run record while Megan Greeley broke her own javelin record at the Central Collegiate Conference Championships. On the men’s side, Will Lazicki broke the 19-year old 800-meter run record at the Dr. Keeler Invitational.
Rygh broke the mark previously held by teammate Erin Moffett on April 12 at the Lee Calhoun Invitational. Her time of 4:33.57 broke Moffett’s record of 4:37.46 set last season. Rygh improved her mark with a time of 4:32.58 on May 3 at the Central Collegiate Conference Championships. She nearly set the record for the third time this season last weekend at the Dr. Keeler Invitational with a time of 4:32.97.
Greeley broke her own javelin mark with a distance of 45.73 meters at the Central Collegiate Conference Championships on May 3. In 2001, she set the school record with a distance of 44.91 meters.
At last weekend’s Dr. Keeler Invitational, Lazicki broke one of the oldest records in the DePaul annals with a time of 1:50.27 in the 800-meter run. Previously, Carl Webb held the mark with a time of 1:51.54 set in 1984. Lazicki was three years old at the time of Webb’s record.