DePaul Falls at Pittsburgh
Jan. 26, 2013
PITTSBURGH, Pa. – Brandon Young scored 13 points and Moses Morgan added 11 as DePaul fell at Pittsburgh, 93-55, Saturday afternoon. DePaul combined to shoot just .277 from the field in the conference loss at the Petersen Events Center.
DePaul (10-9, 1-5 BIG EAST) led 8-7 after a bucket by Brandon Young but Pittsburgh answered with a 15-4 run to build a 10-point advantage with 11 minutes left in the first half.
The Panthers finished the opening period by going 20-of-40 from the field and led by as many as 26 points before taking a 53-30 lead at halftime.
Pittsburgh (17-4, 5-3 BIG EAST) was led by Trey Zeigler’s 18 points off the bench. Lamar Patterson added 15 and J.J. Moore scored 10 for the Panthers.
Young added five rebounds, five assists and three steals and Cleveland Melvin scored seven points with five boards.
Up next for the Blue Demons is a Wednesday night game at St. John’s. The Red Storm knocked off DePaul, 71-62, last week at Allstate Arena. Wednesday’s game is scheduled for a 9 p.m. ET start at Carnesecca Arena.
- DePaul drops to 10-9 overall and 1-5 in the BIG EAST... Pittsburgh improves to 17-4 and 5-3.
- Pittsburgh leads the series by an 8-2 margin... Saturday was the 10th meeting between the two programs.
- The Blue Demons shot under 30 percent from the field for the first time since combining to shoot .281 (18-64) against Mississippi State on Dec. 10, 2009.
- Moses Morgan became the 16th player in program history with 100 career three-pointers with his third three of the game.
- Brandon Young moved into 33rd on DePaul’s all-time scoring list passing Andre Brown and Quentin Richardson... Young also made his 80th career start.
- MEN'S SPORTS
- WOMEN'S SPORTS
- Ticket Office
- BUY TICKETS NOW
- Student Ticket Information
- Student Bus Schedule
- Varsity Sports Tickets
- Seating Charts
- Athletics Department
- Academic Advising
- Athletics Development
- Athletics Director
- Blue Crew
- Corporate Sponsorships
- General Releases
- Spirit Squads
- Sports Medicine