Blue Demons Fall at Georgetown
Feb. 20, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Georgetown’s D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera scored a game-high 33 points to lead No. 11 Georgetown over DePaul, 90-66, on Wednesday night. Brandon Young led the Blue Demons with 16 points and Jamee Crockett added 10 off the bench.
DePaul started quickly with a 5-0 lead before an Otto Porter bucket gave the Hoyas their first lead at 11-10 with just under 13 minutes left in the first half. Georgetown didn’t let up as the lead swelled to 10 points before the Hoyas took a 43-29 advantage at halftime.
Georgetown (20-4, 10-3 BIG EAST) combined to shoot .635 in the game and led by as many as 26 points midway through the second half.
Young added seven rebounds, four assists and two steals to his 16 points while Donnavan Kirk chipped in eight points and eight boards.
DePaul (11-15, 2-11 BIG EAST) outrebounded the Hoyas by a 36-31 margin, but shot just .385 from the field in the game.
Up next for the Blue Demons is a Saturday night game against Connecticut. The Huskies visit Allstate Arena for a 7 p.m. game this weekend.
- Wednesday was the 27th meeting between the two programs... Georgetown leads the series by a 21-6 margin.
- Brandon Young moved into 22nd place on DePaul’s all-time scoring list... he entered the game in 24th place and passed Brandon Cole (1991-95) and Bobby Simmons (1998-01).
- Young has scored in double-figures in 24 games this season and 68 times in his career.
- The loss was the 41st straight for DePaul against ranked opponents... the last win over a ranked opponent was an 84-76 win against No. 17/16 Villanova on Jan. 3, 2008.
- MEN'S SPORTS
- WOMEN'S SPORTS
- Ticket Office
- BUY TICKETS NOW
- Wintrust Arena Fan Guide
- Student Ticket Information
- Student Bus Schedule
- Varsity Sports Tickets
- Seating Charts
- Athletics Department
- Academic Advising
- Athletics Development
- Athletics Director
- Blue Crew
- Corporate Sponsorships
- General Releases
- Spirit Squads
- Sports Medicine