TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Brandon Young scored 18 points and had nine assists in leading DePaul to its fifth consecutive win, a 78-61 decision Wednesday over Arizona State.
Carrick Felix had 12 points and six rebounds for the Sun Devils (8-2), which had won four straight and were 8-1 for only the fourth time in 38 years.
The Blue Demons (7-3) rebounded from a 1 of 9 start from the field and used a 17-4 spurt early in the second half to take a 22-point lead with 10:29 remaining.
Worrel Clahar added 14 points and a pair of steals for DePaul.
- DePaul improves to 7-3 with a season-high five-game winning streak... the streak is the longest since a five-game run last season from Dec. 7-21.
- The Blue Demons are now 4-1 all-time against Arizona State and 26-28 against the current lineup of Pac-12 programs.
- DePaul has shot .500 from the field in each of the last two games... overall, the Blue Demons have eclipsed the .500 mark in four games this season.
- Brandon Young passed the 1,000-plateau to become the 48th player in programs history to reach the milestone... Young was an assist short of his second career double-double with a game-high 18 points and nine assists... Young is ranked 47th on DePaul’s all-time scoring list.
- Cleveland Melvin posted his fourth double-double of the season with 12 points and 10 rebounds... it is the third double-double in four games for Melvin... he has 11 career double-doubles.
- Melvin finished the game with 12 points and wears jersey No. 12 on 12/12/12... a year ago, Jeremiah Kelly in jersey No. 11 scored 11 points on 11/11/11.
- Worrel Clahar reached double-figures for the third time in the last four games.