DePaul Hosts Providence Friday at Wintrust Arena
Jan. 11, 2018
DePaul vs. Providence
Friday, Jan. 12 | 7:30 p.m.
Wintrust Arena | Chicago, Ill.
TV: FS1 | Online: FOX Sports Go
Radio: WSCR 670 AM | Online: BlueTube
Buy Tickets: Online Ticket Office
It Could Happen: A win would give DePaul back-to-back victories for the first time since a season-high five-game winning streak from Nov. 26-Dec. 11... Eli Cain needs four points to move into 49th on DePaul's all-time scoring list... with 20 points he could jump from 50th to 47th on the chart... with three three-pointers Max Strus moves into a tie for 20th on DePaul's single-season list.
Demon Doings: Notes following DePaul's 91-74 win at St. John's on Saturday:
- The win was No. 1,445 in program history... DePaul also extended its streak to 755 straight games with a three-pointer.
- Eli Cain became the 50th player in program history with 1,000 career points... the 11 points against St. John's put him at exactly 1,000 points in his career... the game was his 49th career game in double-figures.
- Marin Maric matched his career high of 25 points... he previously scored 25 at Northern Illinois against Indiana State on Nov. 11, 2016.
- Maric played in his 110th career game... he totaled 96 games at Northern Illinois before transferring to DePaul as a graduate student.
- Max Strus recorded his first double-double... he has scored in double-figures in 15 of 16 games this season.
- Maric and Strus are the first duo to record double-doubles in a game since Feb. 1, 2012... Cleveland Melvin (22 pts/11 rebs) and Brandon Young (13 pts/11 asts) posted double-doubles against St. John's.
- St. John's leads the all-time series by a 22-18 margin... the win was the first for DePaul at St. John's since Jan. 12, 2008 with a 60-54 win over the Red Storm.
Trendy: The Blue Demons have placed at least four players in double-figures in 12 of 16 games including three games with five in double-figures... a year ago, at least four scored in double-figures six times (32 games)... five different players have led DePaul in scoring this season... DePaul is 4-0 this season when Tre'Darius McCallum makes the first Blue Demon bucket... among the league's freshmen, only Jaylen Butz and Villanova's Omari Spellman are ranked in the top 30 rebounders... DePaul is second in the league with 12.4 offensive rebounds per game... the Blue Demons are third with a .337 offensive rebound percentage... in BIG EAST games only, DePaul leads the league with a +8.8 rebounding margin, 42.8 rebounds per game and 14.3 offensive rebounds per contest... DePaul also allows a league-low 34.0 rebounds per game... the Blue Demons are also first with a .370 offensive rebound percentage, third with a defensive field goal percentage of .457 and tied for third with 18.0 assists per game in conference play.
Cain Becomes 50th with 1,000: DePaul junior guard Eli Cain became the 50th player in program history with 1,000 career points at St. John's on Jan. 6. He final point against the Red Storm on a free throw pushed him to the 1,000-point plateau.
Cain is the first DePaul player to reach 1,000 points since Billy Garrett Jr. on Jan. 9, 2016. Garrett finished his career with 1,632 career points.
Strus, Maric Selected to BIG EAST Honor Roll: DePaul junior guard Max Strus and graduate student center Marin Maric have been named to the BIG EAST Honor Roll this season. Strus was selected on Dec. 18 after averaging 23.5 points per game against Alabama A&M and Northwestern. In addition to averaging 23.5 points per game, Strus shot .552 (16-29) from the field and .444 (8-18) from three-point range. He opened the week with 14 points and three rebounds in 27 minutes against Alabama A&M before putting together a 33-point effort against Northwestern. He went 11-for-19 from the field that included a 6-of-12 effort from three-point range. Strus totaled 20 of DePaul's 27 points in the second half against the Wildcats and the 33 points were the most by a DePaul player since Brandon Young scored 35 at Connecticut on Jan. 8, 2013.
Maric averaged 21.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists in games against Georgetown and St. John's and was honored on Jan. 8. He shot .706 (12-17) from the field that included a perfect 3-for-3 effort from three-point range. He also went 16-of-19 (.842) from the free throw line. The Split, Croatia native scored 18 points with five rebounds and an assist against Georgetown in 28 minutes of action. At St. John's, he led the Blue Demons to an impressive 91-74 win with a 25-point, 11-rebound double-double. The 6-11 center added five assists and a blocked shot against the Red Storm while matching his career-high scoring total.
Game 18 - Jan. 15 at Marquette: DePaul travels to Marquette on Monday, Jan. 15... the game can be seen on FS1 and heard on WIND 560 AM at 8 p.m.... Monday's game is the 121st meeting between DePaul and Marquette... the Golden Eagles hold a 74-46 advantage in the series... Marquette is currently 12-5 overall and 3-2 in BIG EAST play... the Golden Eagles play at Butler on Friday before hosting the Blue Demons on Monday night.
- MEN'S SPORTS
- WOMEN'S SPORTS
- Ticket Office
- BUY TICKETS NOW
- Wintrust Arena Fan Guide
- Student Ticket Information
- Student Bus Schedule
- Varsity Sports Tickets
- Seating Charts
- Athletics Department
- Academic Advising
- Athletics Development
- Athletics Director
- Blue Crew
- Corporate Sponsorships
- General Releases
- Spirit Squads
- Sports Medicine