Aug. 16, 2017
2017-18 Schedule | Printable Schedule | Downloadable Schedule
Season Ticket Information: DePaul Online Ticket Office
CHICAGO – The 2017-18 non-conference schedule has been finalized and announced today as the Blue Demons host seven games at Wintrust Arena prior to the start of BIG EAST play. Overall, DePaul is slated for 12 non-conference games that feature some of the nation’s top programs and includes reintroduced rivalries.
DePaul and Notre Dame meet for the 105th time on Saturday, Nov. 11 as the Blue Demons open the regular-season doors to Wintrust Arena. The meeting is the first between the two programs since the 2012-13 season.
A quick turnaround sees DePaul return to Wintrust Arena on Monday, Nov. 13 against Delaware State before four straight games away from Chicago. The remainder of November has the Blue Demons at Illinois on Nov. 17 before the PK80 Invitational in Portland, Ore., on Nov. 23-26.
Five of six non-conference games in December will be at Wintrust Arena starting Dec. 2 against Youngstown State. Other home dates include Dec. 6 against Central Connecticut State, Dec. 11 against Alabama A&M, Dec. 16 against Northwestern and Dec. 21 against Miami (Ohio). The Blue Demons lone road non-conference game in the month is Dec. 9 at UIC.
Prior to the season-opening game, DePaul will host IU Northwest in an exhibition game at Wintrust Arena on Sunday, Nov. 5. The game is part of an exhibition doubleheader with the DePaul women’s team facing Saint Xavier.
Game times as well as television and radio assignments will be announced once they are finalized.
Season Ticket Information
• Now is the time to opt-in for full season ticket packages at Wintrust Arena, Chicago’s newest sports and entertainment venue.
• Join in today as general public season tickets are now available for purchase and start at just $170 per package ($10/home game). Women’s basketball 6-game Wintrust Arena ticket plans are also available and start at $50.
• DePaul basketball season ticket holders will also have the first right to purchase tickets at Wintrust Arena for non-DePaul basketball events.
• For more information on season tickets and premium seating options contact the DePaul ticket office at (773) 325-7526 or visit the Online Ticket Office.
Exhibition Game: IU Northwest – Sunday, Nov. 5 – Wintrust Arena
• Part of exhibition doubleheader at Wintrust Arena with the DePaul women’s basketball team.
• IU Northwest is a NAIA program in Gary, Ind.
• The Redhawks went 21-11 last season and ranked second in NAIA Division II with 92.5 points per game.
Game One: Notre Dame – Saturday, Nov. 11 – Wintrust Arena
• Inaugural game at Wintrust Arena.
• Notre Dame leads the series, 66-40... Nov. 11 is the 105th all-time meeting between the programs.
• The Irish went 26-10 (12-6 ACC) in 2016-17 and reach the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
• The game is the first of a two-year deal with DePaul playing at Notre Dame in 2018-19.
Game Two: Delaware State – Monday, Nov. 13 – Wintrust Arena
• The game is the first meeting between the two programs.
• Delaware State went 10-21 overall last season and 7-9 in the MEAC... Delaware State is located in Dover, Del.
Game Three: Illinois – Friday, Nov. 17 – Champaign, Ill.
• The game is part of the annual Gavitt Tipoff Games between the BIG EAST and Big Ten Conferences.
• First meeting between DePaul and Illinois since December 1957.
• Illinois holds a 12-6 advantage in the series.
• The Illini went 20-15 overall last season and 8-10 in Big Ten play.
Game Four: Michigan State – PK80 Invitational – Thursday, Nov. 23 – Portland, Ore.
• DePaul and Michigan State are two of eight teams in the Victory Bracket of the PK80-Phil Knight Invitational in Portland.
• DePaul leads the series, 7-4, over the Spartans.
• First meeting since an 89-81 win for Michigan State over DePaul in East Lansing on Nov. 30, 2003.
• The Spartans went 20-15 overall last season and 10-8 in Big Ten play... Michigan State reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
Game Five: Connecticut/Oregon – PK80 Invitational – Friday, Nov. 24 – Portland, Ore.
• DePaul will play either Connecticut or Oregon in the second game of the PK80.
• Connecticut has won 10 of 11 all-time meetings including an 81-69 decision on Feb. 23, 2013 at Allstate Arena.
• The Huskies went 16-17 overall and 9-9 in the AAC last season.
• DePaul and Oregon could meet for just the third time.
• The Blue Demons have won the two previous meetings in the 1939-40 and 1941-42 seasons.
• Oregon went 33-6 last season (16-2 PAC-12) and advanced to the NCAA Final Four.
Game Six: Arkansas/North Carolina/Oklahoma/Portland – PK80 Invitational – Sunday, Nov. 26 – Portland, Ore.
• DePaul will play either Arkansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma or Portland in the third game of the PK80.
• DePaul and Arkansas have played just once... the Blue Demons posted a 59-30 decision during the 1943-44 season.
• The Razorbacks went 26-10 overall and 12-6 in the SEC last season... Arkansas reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
• North Carolina has won four of five meetings in the series with DePaul... a potential game would be the first since an 83-72 win for the Tar Heels in the 2003 NIT.
• North Carolina won the 2017 NCAA Championship and finished the season with a 33-7 overall record (14-4 ACC).
• The Blue Demons are 3-1 all-time against Oklahoma with a 108-94 DePaul victory in the last meeting during the 1992-93 season.
• The Sooners went 11-20 overall last season and 5-13 in the Big 12.
• A potential game with Portland would be the first meeting since the 1964-65 season... DePaul has won all five meetings.
• The Pilots went 11-22 last season that included a 2-16 record in West Coast Conference games.
Game Seven: Youngstown State – Saturday, Dec. 2 – Wintrust Arena
• DePaul and Youngstown State meet for just the third time.
• The Blue Demons have won the previous two meetings.
• Youngstown State went 13-21 overall a year ago and 5-13 in the Horizon League.
Game Eight: Central Connecticut State – Wednesday, Dec. 6 – Wintrust Arena
• DePaul and Central Connecticut State meet for the first time.
• CCSU head coach Donyell Marshall starred at Connecticut when DePaul head coach Dave Leitao on an assistant coach with the Huskies.
• Central Connecticut went 6-23 overall last season and 4-14 in Northeast Conference action.
Game Nine: UIC – Saturday, Dec. 9 – Chicago, Ill.
• DePaul and UIC meet for the eighth time... DePaul holds a 5-2 advantage in the series.
• The 2017 meeting marks the fourth straight year the two sides have played.
• UIC posted an 80-75 win over DePaul last December at McGrath-Phillips Arena.
• The Flames went 17-19 overall last season and finished 7-11 in Horizon League games.
Game 10: Alabama A&M – Monday, Dec. 11 – Wintrust Arena
• DePaul and Alabama A&M meet for the first time.
• The Bulldogs went 2-27 in 2016-17 and 2-16 in SWAC games.
Game 11: Northwestern – Saturday, Dec. 16 – Wintrust Arena
• DePaul leads the series by a 20-12 margin over Northwestern.
• The Wildcats recorded an 80-64 decision over DePaul at Welsh-Ryan Arena last season.
• Northwestern went 24-12 (10-8 Big Ten) last season and reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
Game 12: Miami (Ohio) – Thursday, Dec. 21 – Wintrust Arena
• The 2017-18 meeting is the eighth game between the schools and the first since the 1960-61 season.
• DePaul leads the series, 4-3.
• Miami went 11-21 last season and 4-14 in MAC action.