Jan. 28, 2012
CAMBRIDGE, Mass – The No. 66 DePaul men’s fell to No. 73 Harvard on Saturday at the Murr Center Tennis Courts. The Blue Demons went 1-2 at the Harvard Invitational and fall to 5-2 on the young season.
Playing the host team, the Blue Demons gave Harvard everything it had, but the Crimson pulled out the win on their home courts.
Harvard (3-0) won the doubles point with wins on the third and first courts. Matija Palinic and Aaron Chaffee dropped an 8-3 contest to Christo Schultz and Henry Steer in the third position.
In the top spot, George Chanturia and Filip Dzanko battled the No. 45 tandem of Alistair Felton and Casey MacMaster, but the Crimson duo proved to be too much and clinched the doubles point with their 8-4 win.
Heading into singles, Harvard claimed the dual victory with wins on the fourth, fifth and second courts.
With the dual already won, Dzanko and Chafee had each won a set in their respective singles matches but those matches did not play out.
DePaul hits the roach next weekend and heads to Iowa City for duals at Iowa and against Arkansas, Feb. 4-5.
Harvard 4, DePaul 0
1. No. 45 Alistair Felton/Casey MacMaster def. George Chanturia/Filip Dzanko 8-4
2. Andy Nguyen/Denis Nguyen vs. Mathias Hambach/Sven Kasper 7-4 -- DNF
3. Christo Schultz/ Henry Steer def. Matija Palinic/Aaron Chaffee 8-3
Order of Finish: 3, 1
1. Filip Dzanko vs. Denis Nguyen 6-3, 4-5 -- DNF
2. Henry Steer def. George Chanturia 6-2, 6-2
3. Alex Steinroeder vs. Sven Kasper 7-6 (6), 3-4 -- DNF
4. Christo Schultz def. Mathias Hambach 6-3, 6-1
5. Shaun Chaudhuri def. Matija Palinic 6-3, 6-1
6. Aaron Chaffee vs. Alistair Felton 4-6, 7-6 (6) -- DNF
Order of Finish: 4, 5, 2*