Blue Demons Lose On The Road To Columbia
Feb. 2, 2014
NEW YORK -- The DePaul men's tennis team fell on the road to No. 40 Columbia, 7-0, on Sunday afternoon in New York.
Columbia improved to 4-1 with the win, while DePaul dropped to 1-3. The Blue Demons went 0-2 in New York this weekend after losing a hard-fought 4-3 decision to St. John's on Friday in Flushing Meadows.
The Lions started the day with a pair of doubles wins in the No. 2 and No. 3 positions to take the point. Tim Corwin and Sten Leusink lost, 6-4, in the No. 2 match to Winston Lin and Mike Vermeer while Paul John and Joshua Schramm fell, 6-0, in the No. 3 match. Filip Dzanko and Jan-Willem Feilzer led the No. 1 match over No. 14 Ashok Narayana and Max Schnur, 5-4, before doubles play was suspended.
DePaul lost all six singles matches to Columbia despite a solid performance by Dzanko in the No. 1 match against No. 8 Lin. Dzanko was defeated in two sets, 6-4, 6-4.
The Blue Demons will have 13 days off before their next road trip on Feb. 15-16. They will travel to Denver, Colo., for matches against Utah and Denver.
1. No. 8 Winston Lin (COL) def. Filip Dzanko (DEP), 6-4, 6-4
2. Dragos Ignat (COL) def. Sten Leusink (DEP), 6-1, 6-1
3. Max Schnur (COL) def. Kyle Johnson (DEP), 6-2, 6-4
4. Bert Vancura (COL) def. Paul John (DEP), 6-2, 6-2
5. Mike Vermeer (COL) def. Joshua Schramm (DEP), 6-2, 6-5
6. Eric Rubin (COL) def. Tim Corwin (DEP), 6-1, 6-2
- MEN'S SPORTS
- WOMEN'S SPORTS
- Ticket Office
- BUY TICKETS NOW
- Student Ticket Information
- Student Bus Schedule
- Varsity Sports Tickets
- Seating Charts
- Athletics Department
- Academic Advising
- Athletics Development
- Athletics Director
- Blue Crew
- Corporate Sponsorships
- General Releases
- Spirit Squads
- Sports Medicine