Women's Tennis Stops 51st-Ranked Wisconsin
MADISON, Wis. – DePaul won five of the six singles matches and rode that success to a 5-2 win over 51st-ranked Wisconsin on Friday at the Wisconsin Tennis Center.
The victory was DePaul’s first over a nationally-ranked team this season.
We got off to a slow start in doubles but played well in singles,” DePaul head coach Mark Ardizzone said. “It's always nice to beat a Big 10 program and it will be good for us for an all important weekend of Big East matches coming up.”
The Badgers earned the doubles point despite DePaul getting the victory at No. 1 from Beatrix Csordas and Gergana Ganeva.
The singles matches were all DePaul as the Blue Demons rolled to victory in the top five matches.
DePaul 5 #51 Wisconsin 2
(1) Beatrix Csordas/Gergana Ganeva (DEP) def. Kaylan Caiati/Morgan Tuttle (WIS), 8-3
(2) Chelsea Nusslock/Nicole Beck (WIS) def. Dunja Antunovic/Bojana Murisic (DEP), 8-4
(3) Liz Carpenter/Erin Jobe (WIS) def. Anja Mihaldinec/Petra Rehusova (DEP), 8-4
(1) Beatrix Csordas (DEP) def. Kaylan Caiati (WIS), 6-2, 6-3
(2) Gergana Ganeva (DEP) def. Chelsea Nusslock (WIS), 6-3, 7-6 (7-0)
(3) Dunja Antunovic (DEP) def. Liz Carpenter (WIS), 6-4, 6-3
(4) Bojana Murisic (DEP) def. Erin Jobe (WIS), 6-2, 6-4
(5) Anja Mihaldinec (DEP) def. Lexi Goldin (WIS), 6-4, 6-1
(6) Morgan Tuttle (WIS) def. Brenda Leung (DEP), 6-2, 6-3