Women's Tennis Rebounds To Stop South Florida
NEW ORLEANS, La. - DePaul won five of six singles matches and rallied to beat South Florida 4-2 in the consolation round of the Conference USA Women's Tennis Championships on Monday morning.
After dropping two of three doubles matches - the lone DePual win coming at No. 3 by Rachel Dybas and Megan Stewart, the Blue Demons won five of the six singles matches with Stewart clinching the victory with a three-set win at No. 6.
(7) DePaul 4, (5) South Florida 2
Conference USA Tournament - Monday, April 14, 2003 - New Orleans, La.
1) Taverna/Obando (South Florida) def. Kelemen/Parshkevova (DePaul), 8-5
2) Kolendo/Romero (South Florida) def. Leung/N. Matko (DePaul), 9-8
3) Dybas/Stewart (DePaul) def. Craig/Larson (South Florida), 9-7
1) Szilvia Kelemen (DePaul) def. Fabiana Taverna (South Florida), 6-1, 6-2
2) Brenda Leung (DePaul) vs. Patricia Kolendo (South Florida), DNF
3) Karen Falduto (DePaul) def. Luisa Obando (South Florida), 0-6, 6-1, 6-3
4) Talia Romero (South Florida) def. Rachel Dybas (DePaul), 6-3, 6-4
5) Stephanie Matko (DePaul) def. Gina Craig (South Florida), 6-0, 6-2
6) Megan Stewart (DePaul) def. Belen Pandre (South Florida), 7-6, 1-6, 6-4 - clinched match