Women's Tennis Finishes Tied for Seventh at C-USA Championships
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- USF shut out fourth-seeded DePaul, 4-0, in the consolation round of the Conference USA Women’s Tennis Championship on Saturday at Seneca Park. The Blue Demons conclude the tournament tied for seventh with Marquette.
USF clinched the doubles point after Marie France Lord Andrade and Gabriela Duch notched an 8-3 decision over DePaul’s Marina Parashkevova and Gergana Ganeva at No. 1. The Blue Demons did not field a third flight doubles team due to injuries.
In singles action, Fabiana Taverna swept Natalie Matko, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 2, while Patricia Kolendo defeated Brenda Leung, 6-0, 6-4. Luisa Obando also nabbed a 6-1, 6-1 decision over Stephanie Matko at No. 5.
USF 4 DePaul 0
1. Gabriela Duch, USF vs. Gergana Ganeva, DPU, DNF (7-6 (6), 1-4)
2. Marie France Lord Andrade, USF vs. Marina Parashkevova, DPU, DNF (1-6, 6-1, 5-2)
3. Fabiana Taverna, USF def. Natalie Matko, DPU, 6-1, 6-2
4. Patricia Kolendo, USF def. Brenda Leung, DPU, 6-0, 6-4
5. Yuri Kurashima, USF vs. Karen Falduto, DPU, DNF (6-4, 7-6 (3)
6. Luisa Obando, USF def. Stephanie Matko, DPU, 6-1, 6-1
1. Andrade/Duch, USF def. Parashkevova/Ganeva, DPU, 8-3
2. Taverna/Obando, USF vs. Rehusova/Leung, DPU, DNF (4-1)
3. No third flight fielded due to DePaul injury.